Presenting with Confidence
Make your first steps in public speaking with our “Presenting with Confidence” course.
- Don’t know where to start?
- Suffer from presentation anxiety and public speaking nerves?
- Feel awkward when speaking in front of an audience?
If this sounds familiar this 1 day course is just what you need to make a start at public speaking.
7 Mistakes Presenters Make and How to Avoid Them
This course is specifically designed for people who have no or little experience of public speaking and is ideal for
- Building confidence in front of an audience
- Learning the foundations of preparing and structuring an effective presentation
What better way to dramatically increase confidence than by practising speaking in front of a small group? It is a supportive and practical workshop containing lots of confidence building exercises which will help you control presentation nerves, find natural confidence and develop your public speaking skills. It provides a safe environment to make a confident start at public speaking and presenting.
What will I get out of it?
- A supportive environment where you can go at your pace
- Tools to control public speaking nerves and calm yourself down
- Techniques to capture the audience attention from the start
- Ways to plan and prepare effectively
- How to set a clear purpose in your presentation to maximise its outcome
- Learning to feel confident and natural in front of an audience
- Experience of presenting to a small group
- More confidence in your ability to speak in public
- The satisfaction of being able to make quick progress and enjoy your public speaking experience
Additionally delegates will receive feedback from their peers and the trainer regularly throughout the workshop to help them identify future areas of development.
What people say….
- Getting to know each other
- Warm up exercises
Dynamics of effective presentations/public speaking
- What makes or breaks a presentation/speech
Preparing yourself to speak/present
- Dealing with presentation nerves
- Adopting/Developing a confident stance
- Building confidence
- Warming the voice
Planning your presentation
- Setting objectives for the presentation
- Identifying audience requirements
Preparing content/ structure/material
- Generating and organising ideas
- Structuring content in a clear and concise manner
- Creating a strong opening
- Defining key messages
- Closing with impact
Putting it together
- Presentation practice
- Presentation evaluation and feedback
- Personal action plans
- General group feedback
- End of course evaluations